Available from today (Friday 21 Dec 2012) until Tuesday 25 Dec 2012.
special Christmassy soup: roasted pumpkin chowder with a hint of nutmeg
Christmassy things to share-share: stuffed whole portobello mushrooms, with herbed balsamic & garlic-infused olive oil $14.5
“Stuffed with what?” you might ask. Stuffed with stuff lor. < – Grumpy Slug Answer.
special Christmassy main: A Christmas Medley $29.8
Let’s just say we’ve put all the naughty and nice on one plate. Sharing not recommended 😛
• Slow-roasted Turkey Breast Steak w honey & rosemary oil rub and spiced cranberry jus
• Milk-braised Pork Belly slab w spices and savoury caramel sauce
• Greek Salad w feta, stuffed olives, roasted Californian walnut chunks & tomato confit dressed in multigrain vinaigrette
• Cauliflower Gratin baked in caramelised cream, molten cheese & chardonnay sauce, topped w smokey bacon crisps
special Christmassy dessert: Petite Fours by Dough Empire® $13.9
Depending whether you’re a half-glass-full or half-glass-empty type of person, these are either all naughty or all nice.
• All-Natural Red Velvet Cake Pie stuffed w Philly cream cheese & raspberries
• Nutella Fudge & Malted Milk Crumble Tart
• Lemony Lemon Curd & shortbread, topped w crusted pistachios & more lemony lemon drizzle
• Tirami sù – layers of espresso-glazed vanilla genoise & light mascarpone mousse, topped w mocha bean fudge crunch
It’s been quite a year, hasn’t it?
However. Today the sun’s shining, the music’s playing, the laundry’s spinning. The world doesn’t seem to want to end anytime soon, guess it’s safe to say we’re really, really looking forward to the new year.
Bonus Christmassy video! Boney M’s perfectly rendered Mary’s Boy Child / Oh My Lord mashup. Of course back then it wasn’t called a mashup. Back then it also wasn’t weird to dress in candy floss and just stand in one row throughout the entire length of the music video. Not weird at all. Our favourite part starts from 3:45 ? ? ? ? Puffy hair + puffy jacket + tight pants = FULL OF WIN!