6am-230pm:We cooked 500 ” airline meals” in 8 hrs and 30 minutes and assembled them to resemble some SQ-esque trays.. AND WE DIDN’T DIE, OMG.Ã‚Â Here’s a roughÃ‚Â idea of the typhoon that swept thru the slug kitchen on Friday..
- 25 kg of French beans and 35 kg of carrots to peel, chop and boil
- 20 kg of pasta to boil and dress in sauce
- 230 portions of pacific dory to grill
- 230 portions of chicken Roulade to stuff and bake
- 40 portions of Eggplant parmagiana to layer and bake ( yes-we are obsessed with the oven..)
- 500 portions of mash and gravy
- 500 muffins + choc fudge wedges …….
- 7-slugs-in-a-pile ~~ Go go slugs!! ( Thank you Michael, Deepa, Malcolm andÃ‚Â Izhar for working so hard- I cant believe that we hand-assembled 500 trays in 30 minutes! You sure you guys are not part-robot somewhere?hehe)
That was our biggest cook-out so far. Now, we can lay claim to the fact that we can cook for a party of 500. So bring on another one of these mother- of- all -parties. We live for challenges and thrive on making the (im)possible possibleÃ‚Â – as long as we have extra-strength bengay pain relieving cream. Wahahahah!!